Who We Are
ASCOM has its origins in 1972 when the founder, Mr. Gian Franco Schedoni, made the decision to grow the business after gaining several years of experience in the field of light carpentry.
In synergy with a team of special equipment division engineers with strong backgrounds, the first overhead cranes were designed, built and delivered at both national and international levels.
Ten-year after, the first ASCOM boat hoist was delivered in Croatia.
Over the years, ASCOM continually grew and evolved, becoming a global leader in the field of heavy lifting equipment, with thousands of cranes worldwide, spanning a total of 50 countries.
The headquarters is in the north-central Italy at Via della Fornace 16, 41043 Formigine (MO).
ASCOM covers a total area of 9.000 m2, used as manufacture premises and offices.
- Over 50 years of experience, proven success and continuous growth across the years.
- Concern and commitment to ESG issues.
- Extensive markets knowledge.
- High-quality standards, up-to-date technology, high service commitment and competitive prices.
- Customers assistance and consultancy in selecting a product matching client most challenging requirement.
- Capillary sales and after-sales network, that makes ASCOM able to deliver, assemble, test and service its equipment all over the world, both directly and through local agents/dealers.
We offer an array of products and solutions for two main business areas: Marinas & Shipyards and Industry.
We serve a broad range of customers, providing efficiency and productivity enhancing handling solutions in the following fields:
- Marinas, boatyards, shipyards (boat production or refit) and coast guard bases.
- Civil works-infrastructures (bridges, viaducts, tunnels, etc.).
- Fabrication yards, steel mills \ renewable energy \ dam’s plants.
- Waste treatment plant.
- Mining industry.
- Indoor industrial use.
- Film industry.
- Special fields where tailor-made applications are required.
ASCOM has had its own engineering department since its foundation.
The structure’s calculations are made with F.E.A. (Finite Element Method Analyzing).
Drawings are made with 2D and 3D – C.A.D. and Inventor 3D modelling Software (Computer Aided Design).
ASCOM conducts all production in-house, starting from the raw steel plates to the finished product. Our workshop is equipped with a broad range of advanced fabrication tools, such as:
- Computer controller automatic submerged arc welders.
- High-definition plasma cutting machine.
- CNC lathes.
- Equipped booths for sandblasting
- Climate-controlled booths for painting, etc.
ASCOM is certified UNI EN ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Moreover, all our cranes comply with Directive CEE-2006/42/CE and are marked CE.
Each phase of the work is continuously controlled to monitor the activity flow and analyze the reliability of the production process.
During manufacturing, we foresee quality checks, including, but not limited to:
- Non-destructive testing of welds (e.g., penetrant testing).
- Coating check (e.g., thickness).
- Blank test of all hydraulic functions/circuits, including over-pressure tests
- Blank test of the electric system, etc.
Our valued customers are always welcome at any stage of production of their Machine.